Gain access to private equity industry mentoring & training.
Take your analyst skills and performance to the next level.
Learn how to compete successfully for coveted opportunities.
The SEO Alternative Investments Fellowship Program (AIFP) is a unique ten-month educational and training opportunity for young professionals traditionally underrepresented in the alternative investments industry. It is a core part of SEO’s work to expand diversity in the sector.
While working as investment banking analysts, Fellows receive in-depth exposure and hands-on development during 1-2 half-day Saturday trainings and 1-2 early weekday breakfast seminars per month, in addition to mentoring by professionals from our partner firms.
AIFP preparation has enabled 90% of eligible Fellows to secure full-time offers to join leading firms, including Advent International, Apax Partners, Blackstone, Brookfield Asset Management, The Carlyle Group, General Atlantic Partners, KKR, Great Hill Partners, Helios Partners, ICV Partners, Linden Capital, Maverick Capital, TPG, Warburg Pincus, and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe.
Fellows continue to work full-time in their current analyst positions during the Fellowship period. Program activities are organized on Saturdays and as early-morning weekday breakfast seminars to avoid conflict with work commitments. All activities take place in New York City.
Key Programming Components
- Advanced LBO Modeling Training Session
- LBO Case Study Practice & Review
- Series of breakfast seminars with industry leaders, including:
- Limited Partners discussion on investing in the alternatives sector
- Roundtable discussions with senior partners at PE firms
- “A Day in the Life of a PE Associate”
- Mentoring by PE professionals from KKR, TPG, Palladium Equity Partners , WCAS, The Carlyle Group and CVC Capital partners.
- Increased understanding of recruiting processes at PE and other alternative investments firms
- Introduction to the unique cultures of each partner firm in the program
- Participation in the SEO Annual Alternative Investments Conference
The program is open to pre-MBA professionals from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in alternative investments who are in the first or second year of an analyst program at a bulge bracket or boutique investment bank. Preferred analysts include those in traditional i-banking industry coverage groups, M&A, leverage finance and structured finance. SEO alumni and non-alumni are eligible to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn How to Apply!
Application Now Open