Gain access to private equity industry mentoring & training.
Take your analyst skills and performance to the next level.
Learn how to compete successfully for coveted opportunities.
The SEO Alternative Investments Fellowship Program (AIFP) is a unique educational and training opportunity for young professionals traditionally underrepresented in the alternative investments industry. While working as investment banking analysts, Fellows receive in-depth exposure and hands-on development during intensive mock interviews, case studies, Saturday workshops, and 3-4 early weekday breakfast seminars per month. AIFP programming has enabled 90% of Fellows to secure full-time associate offers at leading alternative investment firms.
The AIFP is a central piece of SEO’s leading efforts to increase diversity in the alternatives sector. The program is open to professionals of color traditionally underrepresented in alternative investments (i.e. people of Black, Hispanic and Native American descent, as well as Asian women) who are in the first year or second year of an analyst program at a bulge bracket or boutique investment bank.
AIFP partners: Advent International, The Carlyle Group, Centerbridge Partners, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, CVC Capital Partners, Genstar Capital, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., Oaktree Capital Management, Palladium Equity Partners, TPG, and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe.
AIFP preparation has enabled 90% of eligible Fellows to secure full-time offers to join leading firms, including Advent International, Apax Partners, Blackstone, Brookfield Asset Management, The Carlyle Group, CVC Growth, General Atlantic Partners, Great Hill Partners, Helios Partners, ICV Partners, KKR, Linden Capital, Maverick Capital, Oaktree Capital Management, Palladium Equity Partners, TPG, Warburg Pincus, and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe.
Fellows continue to work full-time in their current analyst positions during the Fellowship period. Program activities are organized on Saturdays and as early-morning weekday breakfast seminars to avoid conflict with work commitments. All activities take place in New York City.
Key Programming Components
- Advanced LBO Modeling Training Session
- LBO Case Study Practice & Review
- Series of breakfast seminars with industry leaders, including:
- Limited Partners discussion on investing in the alternatives sector
- Roundtable discussions with senior partners at PE firms
- “A Day in the Life of a PE Associate”
- Mentoring by PE professionals from Advent International, The Carlyle Group, CVC Capital Partners, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, KKR, Oaktree Capital Management, Palladium Equity Partners, TPG, and WCAS.
- Increased understanding of recruiting processes at PE and other alternative investments firms
- Introduction to the unique cultures of each partner firm in the program
- Participation in the SEO Annual Alternative Investments Conference
The program is open to pre-MBA professionals from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in alternative investments who are in the first or second year of an analyst program at a bulge bracket or boutique investment bank. Preferred analysts include those in traditional i-banking industry coverage groups, M&A, leverage finance and structured finance. SEO alumni and non-alumni are eligible to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn How to Apply!
Info Sessions for Interested Candidates
May 2 & May 30, 2018
We Are Currently Accepting Applications for the Fellowship Class of 2018